Friends of Marymoor Park
March 25, 2015 Meeting Summary
1) Introductions: Norah Robinson, King County Parks; Greg Helland, FOMP President, SODA representative; Michael Hobbs, Eastside Audubon, FOMP Secretary; Jim Mackey, Friends of Lake Sammamish State Park and Lake Sammamish Yacht Club; Laura Hall, Marymoor Community Gardener's Association, FOMP Board;
2) New employee position announced: Norah let us know that there will be a new park employee to handle projects, filling a new position. Focus will be on major maintenance projects whose funding comes from capital grants, etc. This reflects a change in management structure. With this new position, existing personnel will be able to focus on their core responsibilities. This should make projects move forward more seamlessly, and will reduce or replace contract managers to run projects.
Additionally, Parks has new software to track preventative maintenance, which will allow better tracking and planning of required work. The new person will get that up and running, and get all of the staff trained on it.
If time allows, the new person will also monitor contract compliance by Community Partnership Grant (CPG) partners.
3) CIP/Project/Facilities Updates:
4) Community Festival - A production company, Artist Home, has been hired to run the community festival that Norah announced last month. Artist Home also produced Tolt MacDonald “Timber” festival. Leanne Hughes will be the point person. They are very interested in talking with MCGA. Focus of the festival will be on locally grown food. The festival will be middle of September, in all likelihood.
5) Other - EAS might want to remind members that people going to view the Marymoor heronry will have to cope with off-leash dogs. Dogs are legitimately allowed to be romping free around the heronry.
Next Meeting: April 22, 2015, at the Art Barn
These notes do not constitute an official record of the meeting. They may have inaccuracies and omissions. If anyone has any complaints about the content of these notes, they should direct them to Michael Hobbs at email@example.com, and he will endeavor to correct them.
Problems, comments, suggestions? Email the FOMP webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org